whisperbow

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Si Korte, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Si Korte

Si Korte New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Long bows I make
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hi,
    My name is Si and my ID is whisperbow. I am a senior archer at 75 sine 1957 on our farm in Kansas. First bow I still have was a 40#b York lemon wood long bow. I had recurves till 80's then to compounds shooting fingers. In the 90's I returned to Traditional and making my own bows from self-all-wood bows to laminated bows. Just got back from a hog hunt and got my first shot with my 49# rf/df long bow. Hit the hog hard but he left with my arrow and we didn't find him. In the meantime my friend took a big boar with his Matthews. I know I can geta hog with traditional but now have the bug to buy a compound for fingers. I have a Jennings Buck Master 40" but think I want a bow to shoot out of a valley instead of the wall. I do a lot of business on Ebay so I might find one there and I have been communicating with Dave Barnsdale to put a bow together for me. I welcome any advice. Thanks
    Si

2. Christian Jensen

Christian Jensen New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Bear lst
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hi.
    I shoot my Bear lst with fingerdraw and it goes well i think. The picture shows a 40yard shot fingers, No sight.

Attached Files: