whisperbow

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Si Korte, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Si Korte

Si Korte New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Long bows I make
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hi,
    My name is Si and my ID is whisperbow. I am a senior archer at 75 sine 1957 on our farm in Kansas. First bow I still have was a 40#b York lemon wood long bow. I had recurves till 80's then to compounds shooting fingers. In the 90's I returned to Traditional and making my own bows from self-all-wood bows to laminated bows. Just got back from a hog hunt and got my first shot with my 49# rf/df long bow. Hit the hog hard but he left with my arrow and we didn't find him. In the meantime my friend took a big boar with his Matthews. I know I can geta hog with traditional but now have the bug to buy a compound for fingers. I have a Jennings Buck Master 40" but think I want a bow to shoot out of a valley instead of the wall. I do a lot of business on Ebay so I might find one there and I have been communicating with Dave Barnsdale to put a bow together for me. I welcome any advice. Thanks
    Si

2. Christian Jensen

Christian Jensen New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Bear lst
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hi.
    I shoot my Bear lst with fingerdraw and it goes well i think. The picture shows a 40yard shot fingers, No sight.

Attached Files:

3. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hey there @Si Korte welcome to the site! Sorry for my delayed response here. Love that you're sticking with fingers. I think we all find ourselves in that situation now and again. I have several trad bows that I still shoot, but because of my shoulder issues I really enjoy the letoff and the power I can still get with my compound.

I have owned many compounds that I've shot with fingers. Love my Mathews bows that I've owned. Some more than others, but my all time favorite is my current bow that I've been shooting for about 6 years, which is the Martin Scepter V, which is 40" ATA. A couple of years ago the limbs started looking sketchy (after well over 10,000 shots), so I bought a set of Barnesdale limbs for it, and they are spectacular. Haven't chrono'd it with them, but it is definitely a faster bow now, and I would 100% recommend this bow to any finger shooter. Smooth draw, no hand shock, quiet, extremely accurate. Just an all around amazing bow.

Let us know what you end up with!

4. Si Korte

Si Korte New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Long bows I make
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at a lot of bows and was close to ordering a bow from Dave Barnsdale but discovered Oneida then bought an Aeroforce.
    Si

5. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Nice! I have a friend who shot for Oneida for a long time. Are you enjoying it?