Sight for the bow?

Discussion in 'Sighted Finger Shooting' started by Christian Jensen, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Christian Jensen

Christian Jensen New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Bear lst
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Will a simple maximal dusk do as a sight when fingershooting?

2. md2020

md2020 New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    PSE Nova w/ Vector 4 Cams
    Aiming Method:
    It Depends!
    I use to use a single TruGlo tritium sight pin on a Check-It field sight with heavy wire guard around the outside. (neither are made any more, LOL - my single pin no longer glows after 20 yrs: it blocked things it was so large - 1/8" or 3 mm ball.) For myself, it was easier to use Kentucky windage/hold over top of my target rather than to figure out which darn sight pin to use when I game in front of me. I was never good at estimating distance (+/- five to 7 yds?) which going back a long while back was a huge error because bows were barely going 180 FPS with a heavy arrow. Of course new bows are much flatter shooting.

TruGlo still make a bunch of decent looking sights that are affordable. The PSE bow sight on my Nova looks like it was made for them by TruGlo because of the design (fiber optic loop that helps draw in available light. Holy cow, some of the other extruded aluminum ones are well over $200. :eek:

I believe in keeping it simple to minimize human error when your heart is racing !!!!o_O:confused::rolleyes: More junk you have on your bow the more likely it will break, shake and make noise on you if you plan on hunting with it. Target stuff you want simple as well IMHO.