Just replaced my Martin limbs with Barnsdale ones

Discussion in 'Finger Bows' started by benmmc, Sep 30, 2016.

1. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    So my limbs started doing this weird peeling thing a couple weeks ago, so I stopped shooting it and called Martin. They wanted some photos, so I sent them for the techs to take a look. Basically, it looked like the top layer was peeling off, but that layer seemed to include some of the layer beneath it as well. After some back and forth, we agreed that they probably needed to be replaced. However, since Martin's factory burned down last year, they have no replacement limbs, and no way of manufacturing new ones. The rep pointed me to Barnsdale Archery. David Barnsdale actually manufactures laminated limbs that replace Martin 13" ones, and by all reports I've seen they are better than the originals.

So I ordered the new limbs, along with a Bowmaster Bow Press, and new limb dampeners, and waited. The limbs arrived in a couple days, and I just put them on today. They look amazing. Haven't shot them yet, but I'm looking forward to it! I'll post an update later on as to how they shoot.

Photo Sep 30, 11 04 49 AM.jpg

2. Jkrikko

Jkrikko New Member Founding Member

Barnsdale limbs are to my knowledge pretty darn good. I have a couple of sets of hoyt xt4000 barnsdale replica limbs on protecs and can't say anything but positive feedback.

3. Jkrikko

Jkrikko New Member Founding Member

They look pretty sweet Ben

4. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Thanks man! I shot them last night and they are a good bit faster than the old limbs for sure. No difference in the feel or sound of the shot that I can tell.

5. buddyb

buddyb New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Montega
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    I heard Barnsdale limbs were excellent. I was going to convert a hoyt vtec to a finger bow before I found my montega.