Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mcavity, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Mcavity

Mcavity New Member Founding Member

Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hi all just found the finger shooters forum and signed straight up.

I have shot barebow recurve for a number of years and switched to my Hoyt Tribute around a year ago. So fairly new to the style and I daresay will be asking a few questions along the way.

It's been a bumpy ride with the bow, but really rewarding when it works!!
    I shoot at field archery clubs up and down the UK in woodland.

Mcavity.

2. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Awesome, thanks for joining! We are a small bunch, but we'll keep growing together :D

I agree that it's a very rewarding way of shooting.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hey Mcavity,

What type of Hoyt Tribute do you shoot? I got one myself last year and I love it! Mine is set for 50-60lbs and goes from 26"-29.5" of draw length. I typically draw to 28". I love how smooth the bow is and how forgiving it is with fingers. It really is a nice shooting bow when everything comes together.

4. Jamie

Jamie New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Mathews Conquest Triumph
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    How do y’all like the tributes?? I currently shoot a Mathews and make do just fine but can’t help gush over the hoyt that’s actually made for our style of shooting. Have you been able to test it out in the field hunting? Just curious how it performs since it’s not rated very fast (although speed really is meaningless) but curious.

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    I love em to be honest. Its so smooth and easy to shoot with fingers. It holds at full draw very nicely and shoots very clean. Not a lot of noise and no hand shock. I have taken it hunting a few times but never took anything with it yet. This year its going to be my primary when I go in the woods. Even though its a longer bow compared to most, it fits very well in a ground blind or tree stand. I love the maneuverability and how the bow is not overly complicated in design. In terms of speed I can kick out a 2219 aluminum shaft with a 150 grain broad head out at around 250FPS with my current setup. Thats plenty fast enough to do the damage I need it to do.