Hello From Australia ... well Gippsland, VIctoria , Australia :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steve, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Steve

Steve New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt X8
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hello to you all, was going to sit on the fence as this doesnt look like a busy place, to make it busy we need to post. So I am a guy that has done archery since I was 11. Have recently moved from sites and fingers on a compound to barebow string walking and I am loving the game. I shoot a Hoyt X8 2 fingers under nad string walk.
    Nice to be here and I hope I can call this home

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hey Steve, nice to have you here! What made you give up on the sites? I tried going back to them last fall and after missing a rabbit at 20 yards I ripped them off my bow. I feel better about my accuracy when I have nothing distracting me from picking a spot mentally. Plus its one more piece of equipment that can fail in the field.

3. Steve

Steve New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt X8
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    To be honest, I was disappointed with the results I was achieving with sights and fingers (finding the bows I was shooting was not what I was enjoying) and was after something a little different. So decided to have a go at string walking. Love the lack of pressure and the pure form of shooting. The ability to focus on the shot is so much better. Love seeing the arrow flight , so satisfying