Hello all and welcome to FingerShooters.com! I'm Ben.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by benmmc, Sep 26, 2016.

1. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hello all and welcome to FingerShooters.com! I'm Ben. I live in North GA, and I have been an archer for much of my life. I was 15 when I first killed a deer with a bow. It was amazing. November 17, 1997, iirc. I was fascinated with the simplicity and grace that came with the bow and arrow. I was shooting with a huge release and a bent metal sight back then, but it was fun.

From time to time I would put down the bow, then pick it back up. I got into other hobbies and got back into archery. In the early aughties (2003 or so) I had a hickory longbow (flatbow) made for me, and was enticed by the traditional archery world. Loved the simplicity and rawness of it.

Eventually I moved onto other things, and then in 2009 or so I got back into the high tech archery world. I bought super-fast bows along with the best release, big ol' sight, etc. It was fun, killed a few deer, but thought it was boring in general, so back to trad I went. Killed a deer with a longbow and that was amazing. But wrist and shoulder problems prevented me from sticking with it long.

Which brings us here. A couple years ago I began shooting a Mathews eZ7 with fingers. It was super sweet. Loved it. Didn't know that it was supposed to be "too short" to shoot well with fingers. I tried a few more bows and eventually settled on a Martin Scepter V I bought in 2013. Been shooting it ever since and loving it. My tendonitis in my shoulder doesn't flare up as much if I keep my practice sessions limited to a few dozen arrows, so I'm good now!

I'm really looking forward to building a community of finger shooters with you guys. Nice meeting you all!

The only social media I'm really active on is Instagram if you're interested: @benmmc

Here's a shot with me and my niece from a couple of years ago:
    IMG_9771.JPG

2. Steve

Steve New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt X8
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    I love that picture, I have a grand daughter that is 8 months old and look forward to the day I can introduce her to archery as well...