Greetings from Delaware

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeff Reynolds, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jeff Reynolds

Jeff Reynolds New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Reflex Caribou
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hello Guys,
    I just found this site and was pleased to see that there was such a site for us old school guys. I have always enjoyed shooting bows with fingers. I shoot a lot of trad bows with fingers, obviously. But, I really enjoy shooting my compound bows with fingers as well. I shoot them without sights or stabilizer, just a rest. My go to bow is a Reflex Caribou but I have been tinkering with an old Oneida lately. I’m looking forward to visiting the site and interacting with like-minded bowhunters. I’ll attach a pic of this year’s barebow kill with my Caribou. Take care guys. Jeff

Attached Files:

2. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Whoa, Jeff, nice one! There's something special about harvesting a deer with your fingers on a string.

The biggest buck I ever shot with my barebow was a sad story. He came in at about 25 yards, and I slammed him just about perfectly, just behind the shoulder and up about an inch. Knocked him down and he rolled (I guess a sign that it lodged into bone on the far side). I thought he was down, but he got up and ran full-speed in the direction that my brother was hunting. Called my brother right away and he saw the buck coming toward him. He saw my arrow sticking out right in the sweet spot, buried deep, and the buck ran right by his stand.

We gave him 45 min or so and started tracking. Lost the not-very-heavy blood trail at a large creek where he crossed, and kept sweeping the area on the other side of the creek for at least 6 hours. It was a swampy area and hell to walk through, but I swear I touched every square foot of that place. Never found him. It's the worst feeling for us bowhunters. Knowing we hit a deer an lost it. I think about it a lot actually.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, though. :D

Welcome!