Free Flyte rest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garlan Hornsby, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Garlan Hornsby

Garlan Hornsby New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Conquest 4
    Aiming Method:
    With Sights
    Anyone had any experience with these rests. Currently running a timberdoodle on my conquest 4. I like the rest but wondering if the Free Flyte would offer more forgiveness and lessen issues of arrow staying in place during hunting situations.

2. Steve

Steve New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt X8
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Welcome to the Forum Garlan, firstly let say being a finger shooter has its issues and the choice of rest is always an interesting discussion. I would think that the timberdoodle would be able to "hold" the arrow a little better on the rest that they Free Flyte due to the way the fins hold it, were the free flyte only has the little rise in the wires to hold the arrow, I guess if you cant your bow to makes sure the arrow does stay on then it doest really matter, I use a pro 500 rest which really just a sligthly more adjustable arrow rest to the timberdoodle and dont seem to have to many issues. I guess your main concern would be when hunting.

If you have a friend that might have one to try first then that maybe that would let you know how it would go so you dont have to put your money down first. Failing that I am sure if you bought one you would soon be able to sell it if you didnt like it.

Which ever way you go good luck :)