Bear Anarchy HC

Discussion in 'Finger Bows' started by Ozzy, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    When I started my journey into finger shooting a compound bow, I had a PSE Bruin Pro Series. The bow worked well enough to get my feet wet but it wasn't until I purchased my Bear Anarchy that finger shooting became a more serious endeavor.
    My Bear Anarchy HC is a 35.25 inch axle to axle compound bow. It is not the largest bow on the market and it's certainly not the smallest. I find this bow is a happy medium for finger shooting. Most of the times you will hear people say that you need a bow that is longer than 40 inches axle to axle for clean finger shooting. That is not a factual statement. I have been shooting this bow for well over a year and have been very successful in the 3D and target shoots at my local archery club. My scorecard for shooting this bow instinctive versus my recurve is enormously different. I find that shooting my compound bow instinctive allows me to reach out to greater ranges with flatter trajectory. The stopping power alone is incredible from what I'm used to.
    The beauty of the Bear Anarchy HC is that it is super easy to adjust draw length and draw weight without the need of a pro shop. The bow has modules on the cams which allows you to adjust the draw length without having to incorporate a bow press. This makes fine-tuning and adjustments incredibly easy and efficient. Like any other compound bow, you have to adjust the bolts on the limb to change the draw weight. My bow has a draw weight range from 50 to 60 pounds. I generally keep my bow at around 58 to 60 pounds. Even though I may not have the heaviest or fastest bow on the market in terms of arrow speed, I find that at my draw weight I have no problem blowing through sheets of plywood or spintering 2x4s.
    The quality and finish of the bow is not the greatest. I oftentimes find little specks of paint that have chipped off or areas in which the camo details were not properly done. The bow is heavier than any of my traditional bows. This makes it pretty cumbersome on long hunting trips.
    My overall conclusion is that the Bear Anarchy HC is a wonderful bow. If you are in the market for an affordable/quality finger shooting compound bow, this one is for you. I was able to get my bow for around $360 on Amazon. Even though it may not be this year's newest model, it is by no means an inferior product. If you look at longer axle to axle compound bows for finger shooting, you could be dropping anywhere from $600 up to the thousands. I find that this product is a happy medium that bridges the gap of affordability and shootability. 20170129_153121.jpg 20170129_155426.jpg 20170129_155311.jpg 20170129_155413.jpg

benmmc likes this.
  2. benmmc

benmmc Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Martin Scepter V
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Great post @Ozzy - sorry I'm so late in reading it! I love Bear compounds. My first venture into barebow compound shooting was done with a Bear Carnage. Loved that bow. Actually looked for another one for a bit. I never shot the Anarchy, but when it came out I made note of the nice in-between ATA. I also love getting a good value and you're right, Bear bows (especially the newer ones like yours) give a TON of bang for the buck.

3. Jamie

Jamie New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Mathews Conquest Triumph
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Awesome bow! How do you like the whisker biscuit for finger shooting? I currently run a NAP centerest w/flipper but can’t help but think a whisker biscuit would be much more effective for hunting...at least eliminate arrow falling off worries

4. Ozzy

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Hey Jamie,

I loved using a whisker biscuit when I was shooting split finger instinctive. When I made the switch to shooting 3 under, the biscuit covered up a lot of my vision. On my Hoyt Tribute, I use a NAP centerrest and I love it. I can see down the arrow and get a better perspective on where my shots gonna go.
    The biscuit was nice because it secured the arrow, was super quiet on the draw, and was simple to setup and lock in place.

5. Jamie

Jamie New Member Founding Member

Favorite Bow:
    Mathews Conquest Triumph
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    That’s good to hear! I figured from a security perspective it would be hard to be the biscuit. Did you have any tuning issues with it? Also did you shoot feathers or vanes through it?

6. Ozzy

Favorite Bow:
    Hoyt Tribute
    Aiming Method:
    Without Sights
    Tuning was pretty simple, if you have the NAP Center Rest its very similar. I got it shooting straight within about 6 arrows. I would use vanes when I use the biscuit. Vanes do better in the rain and snow from my experiences. Plus I find they hold up longer then my feathers would when I used this bow. I also like the biscuit because it wears well and doesn't suffer from mechanical issues like I have seen with my buddies drop away's.